We love to showcase content by guest authors, but remember it's a two-way street. The Northcutt blog publishes original research and executable ideas for marketers, and we want to keep it that way.
While we tend to skew toward content about SEO, that's not all that we write about. We're also interested in publishing any topics that our audience cares about, which includes:
- Conversion optimization.
- Social marketing.
- Email marketing.
- Content marketing
- Career advancement
- Marketing industry trends
What We Expect From Your Content
- Provide our audience with actionable takeaways that they can put to work immediately after reading your content.
- Unique perspectives on topics that have been covered time and time again.
- Content that follows our style guide.
- Content that is at least 1,500 words.
What We Won't Accept
- Content that's been covered on our blog or published anywhere else on the web.
- Content that's overly promotional.
- Inaccurate or offensive content.
- Content that does not use sources to back up the points in your content.
- Content that is less than 1,500 words.
- Content that is riddled with grammatical errors.
- Plagiarized content and link building schemes.
- Content that doesn't adhere to our style guide.
Northcutt Style Guide
Northcutt follows the AP Style Guide for all style. You can find our modified guide here that focuses on style choices that are specific to our work.
How to Submit Your Post Idea
Before submitting, please make sure that your post follows our guidelines listed above. You can submit your post via the Google Form here.